Image Map

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Days Ten and Eleven: So Very Tired

Image

I was supposed to write this blog post (the first half at least) yesterday, but I was way too exhausted. That’s all there is to it. I haven’t been getting enough sleep at all. I need to work on going to bed earlier. It’s so difficult, though, because there’s so much to do here. I don’t want to miss a second.

Yesterday, I had another day of classes. We watched The Ladykillers in film studies, which I absolutely loved. In world civilization, we talked about the scientific revolution. I got to use my knowledge of Latin and the Bible, which was pretty awesome. I did feel like a know-it-all, though. I didn’t like that part.

After a little bit of downtime yesterday, I met almost everyone in front of Astor for the Jack the Ripper walking tour. I’ve always been fascinated with Jack the Ripper. On top of that, the cost of the tour was included in our overhead costs. I didn’t have to pay a dime.  The tour was everything that I had expected and more. Our guide was informative and easy to listen to. My only complaint about the tour was how uncomfortable it made me. I felt so awful for those women. They didn’t deserve such a terrible death. 

Image

Oh, and Jim made me take a picture of this statue of a goat. I don’t understand it. Enjoy:Image

This morning, I met my film studies class for our field trip to The Cinema Museum. It was a neat little dive funded by donations. It had originally been the workhouse that housed Charlie Chaplin’s mother, and we even got to sit in the room where he had often visited her. I wanted to give the museum money before we even went on the tour. 

Our guide was an adorable old man with piercings in his ears, eyebrows, and chin. Strange, man. He clearly had a passion for film and filmmaking, and I enjoyed his guidance as we went through the museum. There were so many interesting pieces of memorabilia, including carpeting from old theaters, film stills, seating signs, and all sorts of other treasures. 

When the tour was over, we all had lunch at a pub. It was delicious, and I had plenty to bring back to the dorm. Tonight, I’m going to see A Field in England as an extension of our field trip earlier. Tomorrow I guess I'll tell you how I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...