Image Map

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 22: Camden Town

Image

I spent a great deal of time in Camden yesterday. After eating the best chicken burger of my life (at Byron), Ashley, Heather, and I headed over to Camden Market. For those of you unfamiliar with the area, it's like one giant flea market with stalls and tents full of clothing, souvenirs, jewelry, and anything else you could possibly imagine. I am going back as much as I can before we go back to the States. It is amazing. I only spent 20GPB, and I got a lot of stuff. I even got to use some haggling skills I picked up in Mexico.

Image

Exhausted after a few hours of shopping, the girls and I headed back to the dorms. I had a date to prepare for. I don't want to give too much away, but it was probably the best first date I've ever been on. Of course, he doesn't know that (but he probably figured it out). He took me to a pub in Camden, where we sat and talked for two hours. Then, we went to the highest hill in London. When we got to the top, we could see the entire city skyline lit up in the darkness (I KNOW).

Image

This guy was a perfect gentleman. The conversation was excellent, and we're pretty comfortable around each other. Everything went swimmingly. Enough gushing, I know. But I'm pretty happy.

I only have ten more days in this beautiful city. Today, I'm doing homework, going to Abbey Road, and who knows what else. I'm pretending I don't have to go back to the States. So far, the denial is working for me. And on that note, I'm going to get back to work. Tomorrow is still a school day, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...