Image Map

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day Eighteen: A Study in Film

Image

 

For our field trip today, my film studies class visited the London Film Museum, located on the South Bank. I wasn't sure what to expect from this excursion, but I was optimistic. That's another thing I'll say about England--this trip has made me a great deal more optimistic. But I digress. Let's talk about the museum.

The London Film Museum has received... mixed reviews, to say the least. When I looked it up online, the general consensus was that the museum was not very good. Many people wanted their money back. However, I would have to strongly disagree. While the museum was not as large or extensive as it could have been, it was impressive. I enjoyed my visit.

As someone who loves movie memorabilia, I viewed the museum as a treasure trove. There were so many different pieces. I'm still not sure I saw them all. From Bette Davis' gloves to Christian Bale's Batman costume, the tiny museum was packed with fascinating items. Pictured below are just some of my favorites:

Image

 

Image

 

Image

Image

 

As I said before, these pictures are a few of almost a hundred that I took today. Needless to say, I got a little bit carried away. The museum was awesome. I would love to go back. If you're in the London area, I highly recommend it.

After lunch and a little bit of downtime, I headed out for the second part of my field trip. Shannon, Katie, Alena, and I headed to the Curzon to see Renoir, a French film that counts toward our foreign film requirement for class. I loved that movie. Although I didn't know much about Renoir going in, I was amazed by the film's cinematography, character arcs, and well-written dialogue. Now, I really want to learn more about Renoir and maybe see some of his paintings.

As you can see, I've had a tiring day. I'm still getting over being sick, too. I guess it's time for me to go to bed. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...