Image Map

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day Eight: A Little Help from My Friends

In spite of sleeping in this morning, I didn’t feel well when I woke up. My exhaustion was most likely the result of staying up until three in the morning. I need to stop doing that. 

This afternoon, I got lunch with Heather, Ashley, and Shannon again. We went to the Spaghetti House, which is across from Tesco. Bet you can’t guess what they specialize in. Shannon and I split a pizza, which was fantastic. I don’t regret a single bite of that pizza. We also had some interesting conversations at the restaurant. I really love every one of those girls. I’m blessed to have found such awesome friends. 

After picking up a few things at Tesco, we headed back to the university. Shannon and I did some laundry (which was difficult, considering that the laundry room was sweltering). We were both surprised to find that the whole cap on the detergent went into the wash. Not a cap full of detergent—the entire cap, detergent and all. Fascinating. 

I got in touch with Emily while waiting for my clothes to dry. She’d just landed in London a few hours prior and wanted to meet up with me. I sat on the front steps until she came by. At first, I didn’t recognize her. I’d forgotten she was blonde. We hung out at my dorm for a bit, folded my clothes, and headed back out. 

One trip to the hotel and back, a pub dinner, another pub hangout, and a walk to the Tube station later, Emily was gone again. I missed her right away. After all, we never get to spend much time together, and it’s harder knowing that she’s so close. On the bright side, I might get to see her next weekend! I cannot wait. Our friendship is wonderful. I’m so thankful for her.

 Tomorrow, I’m headed out, bright and early, to the Doctor Who Experience. Needless to say, I hope I’ll be able to sleep tonight.

1 comment:

  1. […] improving your writing skills. Writing is communication, and the better we can communicate, the better our friendships and relationships are. Writing is also entertainment, and to be able to entertain (through a play, a novel, a letter, a […]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...