I can't believe this year is over. Where has the time gone? 2014 was a big year for me in a lot of different ways. I made some changes with my blog and my writing in general, and I'm happy with the way things have turned out.
A lot of bloggers and writers have been posting end-of-year recaps, so I thought I'd give it a go. This post will serve as a breakdown of cool things I wrote, read, or experienced in 2014.
Here are my top 10 blog posts from the past year:
- Lovely Link-Up: NaNoWriMo Tips
- Stop Saying "Aspiring"
- Nifty 250 Critique Giveaway
- Podcasts That Inspire Me
- Book Review: ELLA By Stephen John Moran
- Gift Card Giveaway: $10 to Amazon
- Secret Santa 2014
- Top 10 Scariest Literary Villains
- Five Things I Learned From My Best Writing Day
- MUD EYES Excerpt, Draft 2 (cont.)
Here are my top 10 books of the year:
- DARK PLACES by Gillian Flynn
- FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell
- HOPELESS by Colleen Hoover
- ELLA by Stephen John Moran
- MOTOCROSS ME by Cheyanne Young
- FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC by V.C. Andrews
- GONE GIRL by Gillian Flynn
- SHARP OBJECTS by Gillian Flynn
- LIFE AS WE KNEW IT by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- STILL ALICE by Lisa Genova
And, last but not least, here are my top 10 writing blogs of 2014:
- Ksenia Anske
- Brett Michael Orr
- What Happened to the Wallflower?
- Paper Fury
- The Write Practice
- Ella's Journal
- Write to Done
- Goins, Writer: On Writing, Ideas, and Making a Difference
- Positive Writer
Whew! Those were some long lists, but they are full of things I loved in 2014. I also want to thank each and every one of you who read this blog and support my writing. You're all amazing! I wish everyone the very best 2015 has to offer.
Happy New Year!
What were your favorite things about 2014? What are you looking forward to this year?
Check out @brianawrites lists of posts, books, and blogs she loved in 2014! What were your favorites? (Click to tweet)