Image Map

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

How to Read More with Audiobooks

iPod with Earbuds
I've mentioned before how important it is that writers read. With that being said, I have a full time job and other commitments that keep me from reading as much as I’d like. Some of you know what I’m talking about.

If you've got a busy schedule but still want to read, you should invest in some audiobooks. I joined Audible a few years ago and have never looked back. The site offers new users a free audiobook download after signing up. With over 150,000 titles to choose from, you’re bound to discover something you like.

The best thing about audiobooks is that they’re portable. You can listen to them anywhere! Here’s a short list:

In the bath or shower
On your way to work/school
Long road trips
Working out at the gym
Doing mindless chores e.g. laundry, washing dishes, and vacuuming
Getting ready to go out and
Cooking a meal

If nothing else, try listening to audiobooks during your commute. Ever since I started doing that, I’ve noticed I’m more excited about going to work. You’ll have something to look forward to every time you get in the car.

If you want recommendations, I suggest starting with Ken Kesey’s One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. The writing is excellent, and the book is narrated by the author himself! Give it a try and let me know what you think!

How do you feel about audiobooks? What’s the best one you've listened to so far?

Tweet tweet:
Writer @brianawrites shares how to read more by utilizing audiobooks. (Click to tweet)
Think you don’t have time to read? @brianawrites has a tip for you. (Click to tweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...