Image Map

Monday, January 26, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Blogging Award

I've never heard of this award, let alone been nominated. I love answering questions, though! Special thanks to the lovely Rae (@Rae_Slater) from What Happened to the Wallflower for nominating me!

Rules for the Tag:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back to their side.
  • Post the Award Logo on your blog.
  • Answer the ten questions they've sent you.
  • Make up ten questions for your nominees to answer.
  • Nominate ten people (I did eight, deal with it)
Now, let's get down to business (TO DEFEAT THE HUNS!) of answering Rae's questions:

1. Favorite genre to read or write?

YA and NA, mostly dystopia.

2. Favorite genre to watch in a TV show or movie?

Tough call. I like a little supernatural elements mixed in with everyday life, e.g. Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Supernatural. Honestly, though, I watch a little bit of everything, especially when it comes to movies.

3. Favorite social media platform? Why?

Twitter. I don't know where I'd be without it. If you're reading this, you probably got the link from Twitter. I've become part of such a wonderful writing community there, and everyone is incredible. I can't thank my tweeps enough.

4. Winter, summer, spring, or fall?

Fall.

5. Pancakes or French toast?

French toast. With the egg, I can pretend it's healthy.

6. You can have any job in the world. What is it, and why? And, no, you can't say "writer" or "author" for this one.

DARN YOU, WOMAN. Okay. I'm going to go with forensic psychologist because that's what I wanted to do when I went off to college. Crime fascinates me, and I love figuring out why people behave the way they do. Plus, I don't think anything could be more satisfying than capturing a criminal and putting him or her behind bars.

7. Captain America or Iron Man? Whoever you don't choose becomes your mortal enemy, so choose wisely.

I'm going to go with Captain America, because if I had him against me, I'd feel like a terrible human being. Also, Tony Stark and I run in different social circles, so that's a safer bet.

8. What's the best piece of advice you've ever gotten, and who gave it to you? What was the situation?

That's a tough one. I'm going to go with something one of my fiction professors said: "People are interested in characters, not plot." You can craft the most intricate plot, full of twists and turns, but if your characters are flat, no one will care. People want to read about people. I try to focus on that point.

9. What inspires you?

Visual stuff, usually. Art exhibits, stunning films, intense theatrical performances... all of that makes me want to put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard. When I got back from seeing Interstellar, for instance, I started writing and couldn't stop.

10. It's the apocalypse. Would you rather be stuck fighting zombies for the rest of your life (probably ending by getting eaten or at least bit by said zombie), or be stuck in some kind of environmental disaster (intense heat, water shortage, flooding...)?

Oh, goodness. Well, I'm pretty terrified of zombies, for one thing. Getting eaten or turned by a zombie would be a rough way to die. At least with the environmental stuff, I could die a more natural death. Jeez, what kind of question is that to end on? It's depressing!

*

Wow, wasn't that enlightening? 

Here are my questions:
  1. What's your fondest book-related memory?
  2. First novel you remember reading on your own? How did it make you feel?
  3. What's your favorite time of day?
  4. Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what kind?
  5. What's one of your pet peeves when it comes to writing? What errors or quirks make you cringe whenever you come across them?
  6. If you could hang out with any author for a day, living or dead, who would it be? What would you do together?
  7. How do you feel about writing in multiple genres?
  8. What's something you need to do right now that you put off to answer these questions?
  9. What's your favorite quote? Who said it?
  10. What's your favorite Disney movie?
My nominees: Ava Jae @ Writability, Colleen @ Colleen Halverson, Angela @ Angela Caldwell, Erin @ Erin Kelly, Kimberly @ Where the Sidewalk Starts, Isabella @ Isabella Redwood, Shelby @ How Not to Suck, and Madeline @ Write Dream Live.

2 comments:

  1. Briana, you're precious. And I love that piece of advice: I'm on the side that says that characters make the plot, but a perfectly good argument could be made the other way around. Regardless, you've got to care about the characters to care about what's happening about them.

    Thanks for answering my questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! And I (obviously) agree with you that well-rounded characters are essential to good fiction. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...