Image Map

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Staying Focused with Coffitivity

Photo Credit: Flickr
I can’t write in total silence. When I’m doing any work, especially creative work, I need to have some background noise. I usually have no trouble working with Netflix or Spotify playing in the background. Lately, though, music and noise have become distractions. Still, the silence bothers me. I searched for a solution.

One day I found Coffitivity. We stole shy glances at each other across the internet. I waited for him to make the first move—foolishly, maybe, but my patience paid off. We talked long into the night about life, death, and everything in between. He professed his love for me. The rest, my friends, is history.

Coffitivity is a website that plays background noise for anyone uncomfortable with silence. It gives you a few ambient options to choose from, including coffee shop and campus library. Although I prefer spending time writing in actual coffee shops, Coffitivity provides a lovely substitute (especially on days when I’m feeling anti-social).

The best part of Coffitivity is that it’s free. Also, you can download it in Android or iOS app form. Absolute perfection. If you’re looking for some background noise to fill the silence of your writing sessions, look no further than Coffitivity. You might grow to love it as much as I do.

What do you think? Do you have to have background noise when you write?

Tweet tweet:
Too distracted by music but hate silence? @brianawrites has the perfect solution. (Click to tweet)

2 comments:

  1. I ALWAYS need background noise; it's why I tend to have my iPod on at all times when I'm out and about, or I'll have music from my laptop playing/a movie on the TV when I'm home. This site might be my new addiction, though. Thanks, Briana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on the background noise! I like "white" noise where no one sound can be distinguished. I've tried writing with actual white noise pumping through headphones but strangely enough I found it to be too distracting. I am definitely going to give Coffitivity a try during NaNoWriMo this year. Thanks for pointing it out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...