Image Map

Monday, October 20, 2014

How to Read More with Pocket

Photo by Jane Cockman on Flickr
I have an app problem. I spend way too much time browsing the app store in search of the next best thing. I can't tell you how many apps I've downloaded and never used, either. I'm afraid to think about it.

Anyway, one of the main things I look for in an app is how much it will improve my daily life. Makes sense, right? A lot of time I expand this philosophy so that it includes apps that will help me grow as a writer.

A fantastic app I discovered recently is Pocket. Like other bookmarking apps, Pocket lets you save articles to read at your convenience. "When you find something you want to view later, put it in Pocket," says the website. Simple enough. You'd be surprised how useful Pocket can be for writers.

What I've noticed most with Pocket is that it has allowed me to do a lot more reading. Articles I usually skip over online now go into my queue. I read them before bed, in the bathroom, while waiting in line - you name it. Most of the stories aren't long, but they're long enough to keep me from jumping it right away. With Pocket, I'm almost guaranteed to read whatever I save. It's fantastic.

Another wonderful thing about Pocket is that it syncs across most devices. There are apps, browser extensions, and website integration tools to ensure you have the best experience possible. You can even enable Pocket on Twitter to save the articles that people tweet.

If you use Pocket, you'll read more articles. Try it and see.

What do you think of Pocket? What other apps would you recommend to writers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...