Image Map

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Carly Heitlinger: Polished Prepster

Carly Heitlinger, The College Prepster
Photo by Carly Heitlinger
Carly Heitlinger has been a part of my life for the past several years, since I discovered her blog during my freshman year of college. Although I'm no longer an undergraduate, I still love reading The College Prepster. When Carly agreed to answer some questions for me, I could hardly contain my excitement. Read on to hear what she had to say.

What’s surprised you the most about blogging thus far?

The community! I never really expected to find my best friends from this little thing I started in college. It's interesting too because now the community isn't just limited to bloggers; it's bloggers, readers, social media and community managers... It's amazing!

What’s going to keep you up tonight after this interview?

My friend has a non-profit that's launching a new campaign so I'm going to stop by the event!

What’s the best part of the next thing you’re doing?

Learning about new industries. I know a lot about blogging and digital media, but this is a whole new ball game.

How do you take your coffee?

A splash of skim and half a Sweet'n Low

You blog a lot about living in New York. What are your favorite things about the city?

Central Park! I really do like living in the city because of all the opportunities and things going on... but it can be a lot! Having a huge space in the middle of the city with grass and trees is the best!

What inspires you?

I love being inspired by everything around me... You never know what might spark something for you!

I loved your post on time management and getting everything done. What are some of your favorite tips for productivity and avoiding distractions?

Prioritization is really key. Distractions are everywhere, but when you let something distract you, you're really just saying that it takes priority.

How has writing The College Prepster affected you in the “real world”?

It has in that it's become my career and it's hard to imagine what my life would be like without it.

You’ve mentioned before that you really struggle with anxiety sometimes. What are your tips for dealing with stress?

Going for a walk or just finding a way to decompress like taking a couple of hours to watch a movie.

What are some things on your dream list right now?

Anything Valentino... ah!

Need more Carly in your life? Make sure to follow her blog, The College Prepster, and look her up on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

How do you feel about lifestyle bloggers? Where are some unexpected places you find inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...