Image Map

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Writing Quick Tips: How to Write Something Every Day

Photo credit: Jonathan Reyes on Flickr
Photo Credit: Flickr
 My last Quick Tips post was a hit, so I thought I'd try another.

Today's tip has to do with writing something every day. I know I've mentioned the importance of daily writing several times before, but I'll mention it again. Your writing will absolutely not improve unless you're working at it every day.

With that in mind, however, sometimes it's difficult to fit writing into our busy schedules. No matter how we try to carve out time to write, the day slips out from under us. We fall into bed without having written a single sentence.

Here's the key to making sure you write something every day: Don't go to bed until you've met your goal. Do not get under the covers or let your head hit the pillow until you are finished.

Let sleep serve as motivation to get through your session. You may be sleep-deprived, but you will do the work.

What do you think of this tip? What others would you like to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...